Interested in learning more about rocks, gems, minerals, or jewelry making? Or maybe gold panning, finding cool rocks, doing some beading, or collecting fossils is more your style. Or maybe you know nothing about rocks but you have an interest. You have found the right place! This club has over 100 members mostly from Butte County, Yuba County and Glenn County and a high amount of participation! Members are of all ages, backgrounds, and have a variety of skills!
***Membership for Paradise Club will be free for 2019. Please fill out the form and say that you were in the Paradise Club.
The Feather River Lapidary & Mineral Society (aka Rock Club) is a great place to meet others with similar interests, go on field trips (locally and within a day's drive), and have access to the club's rock shop (visit the rock shop webpage or our facebook page for images).
Annually, the club hosts a 2-day rock show at the Silver Dollar Fairgrounds in Chico, CA. This helps to raise money for the club, a way for all members to help out, and see all the cool things vendors have to offer. It is always the third weekend in September.
A yearly membership will provide you: access to the rock shop (open only when scheduled typically twice a week, 10-11 months a year), monthly meetings on the 3rd Tuesday of the month (see the meetings page), able to learn new skills through club classes (see the classes page), able to go on monthly field trips (visit field trip page), and have fun!
A family membership is $30 (includes 2 adults and under the age of 17 is free) and an individual is $20.
Fill out a membership application or join us at our next meeting to test the club out! We now accept PayPal. You may pay online using a credit card or your banking information. Or bring a check the next meeting or mail in the payment with the form. All visitors are welcome at the meetings.
FEATHER RIVER LAPIDARY & MINERAL SOCIETY, INC
CODE OF ETHICS
- I will respect both private and public property and will do no collecting on privately-owned land without permission from the owner.
- I will keep informed of all laws, regulations and rules governing collecting on public lands and will observe them.
- I will ascertain the boundary lines of property on which I plan to collect.
- I will use no firearms or blasting materials in collecting areas.
- I will cause no willful damage to property of any kind – fences, signs, buildings, etc. including staying on designated roads (no off-road driving).
- I will leave all gates as found.
- I will build fires in designated or safe places only and will be certain they are completely extinguished before leaving the area.
- I will discard no burning material – matches, cigarettes, etc. I will not approach others with a lit cigarette. I will smoke only in designated and safe areas.
- I will fill all excavation holes which may be dangerous to livestock or people.
- I will not contaminate wells, creeks, or other water supplies.
- I will cause no willful damage to collecting material and will take home ONLY WHAT I CAN REASONABLY USE.
- I will practice conservation and undertake to utilize fully and well the materials I have collected and will recycle my surplus for the pleasure and benefit of others.
- I will support the Rockhound Project H.E.L.P. (Help eliminate Litter Please) and will leave all collecting areas devoid of litter, regardless of how found.
- I will cooperate with field trip leaders and those designated authority in all collecting areas.
- I will appreciate and protect our heritage of natural resources.
- I will observe the “Golden Rule”, use Good Outdoor Manners, and will at all times conduct myself in a manner which will add to the stature and good name of our club.
Updated February 16, 2019