Rock Tumbling Contest
The 2019 will be delayed due to the November 2018 fires in Paradise, California. Not only did several club members lose their homes but the rock planned for the tumbling contest is now ash. The club is working on getting rhodonite. Rock will probably be sent out a few weeks into January. Feel free to complete the application now. We will keep folks updated on Facebook and on the website.
Entry fee is $30.00 (US Dollars) for 3 pounds of rough rock for continental US residents. This includes shipping the material to you via US Postal Service. Outside the continental USA will be $30.00 plus any additional shipping costs. Contest rules and application (pdf). Form is fillable via free pdf software.
- 3 lbs. of rough rock will be shipped to you when the application and payment are approved beginning in mid January 2019
- Deadline to submit the application is June 1, 2019
- Return via mail 5 of your best polished rocks and a copy of the entry form (shipped with the rough rock) postmarked no later than August 15, 2019
- Apply early and take your time to tumble!
- Cash prizes of $250, $100, and $50 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places winners!
- Trophy for the first place winner!
- Winner will be announced in October 2019
To enter the contest:
- Complete the application and submit it with payment.
- Hard Copy: Or print out the application and mail with payment payable to FRLMS to the address on application.
Congratuations to everyone who participated in the 2018 Contest!
First Place: Ann Ferris, Signal Mountain, TN, USA
Second Place: Charles Martin, Sterling Heights, MI, USA
Third Place: Trevor Simmonds, Invercargill, New Zealand
Your outstanding tumbling techniques created some absolutely beautiful specimens. Good job!
People are Talking about the Contest!
RockTumbler.com ... learn about using 1,000 grit
RockTumbler.com has the largest library of rock tumbling articles.
Updated October 12, 2018